UPDATED JULY 2021
Your privacy is important to us. It is Black & Bright’s policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://www.blackandbright.co.za/.
We apply due care as we collect and process your personal information, and we assure you that we take the security of your personal information seriously.
This policy is effective as of 1 January 2021 and was last updated on 1 July 2021.
For purposes of this policy the term:
“Personal Information” shall mean the term as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI Act”).
Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, other details about your visit, and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site.
We may ask for personal information which may include one or more of the following:
- Phone number
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you. We agree to use confidential information such as usernames and passwords to solely perform our duties on your behalf.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To contact and communicate with you
- To provide our services to you
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
How we keep your data secure
We make use of the following systems to store and secure your data:
- Our devices have two-factor authentication or verification enabled.
- We store confidential information such as passwords in a password vault.
- We use up-to-date security software on our devices and hosting accounts.
- We make use of strong, complex passwords.
- We will only share information with you on platforms we deem to be secure and private.
Steps we take in case of a data breach
- Get confirmation of the breach and whether your information was exposed.
- Find out what type of data was stolen.
- Change and strengthen our online logins, passwords and security.
- Make sure all website themes and plugins are up to date.
- Inform all affected clients.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities solely to provide our services to you
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- International Transfers of Personal Information
Third Party platforms
In the process of providing content and our services to you, we make use of a number of third party platforms as detailed below. Please note that we do not control what data they collect nor how they store or use that data.
- Social media platforms: Facebook and Instagram
- Whatsapp, Google Meet, Zoom and Skype for communication
- Google Forms for our client briefs when collecting information
- We offer shared hosting services via Siteground. By using our hosting services, you agree to their general terms and conditions. Please see here: https://www.siteground.com/terms.htm
- WordPress plugins on our websites, such as Google Site Kit (Analytics)
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you are a third party providing personal information about somebody else, you represent and warrant that you have such person’s consent to provide the personal information to us.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details: