BLACK & BRIGHT WEBSITE HOSTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
UPDATED MAY 2021
- 1 website domain
- 10 GB web space
- Approximately 10,000 visits monthly (standard website traffic)
- WordPress and basic plugins installation
- WordPress auto-updates (optional)
- Free SSL
- Daily server backups that will be stored for 30 days
- Basic email – 2GB per account
WEBSITE HOSTING TERMS
It’s important to have things written down so that we both know what’s what. By accepting our hosting quote, you agree to our terms and conditions as set out below.
- Black & Bright offers discounted reseller shared hosting services via Siteground. By using our services, you agree to their general terms and conditions. Please see here: https://www.siteground.com/terms.htm
- We offer reseller hosting services to clients who do not want to worry about technical hosting details. Clients (you) do not have direct administrator access to our hosting platform. We will however provide you with basic details for your personal records and instructions on how to set up your email account in your preferred email software. If you wish to have full direct access to a hosting plan, we advise that you set up a hosting package directly with our recommended hosting providers.
- If your website requirements exceed our hosting specifications or if you require more disk space, we will give you recommendations on how to upgrade or migrate to your own server. We will let you know if you have reached any usage limits.
- We do not offer 24/7 ongoing website, IT and software support. We offer a basic WordPress website hosting package as stipulated in our package details. We are available during normal work hours (09:00 – 17:00), Monday to Friday.
- We expect you to have a basic understanding of how the internet functions, and which uses are generally acceptable. We reserve the right to terminate the web hosting package if it’s being used in an unethical or unlawful manner.
- You guarantee that all elements of text or images stored on our web servers are either owned by your good selves, or that you have permission to use them. When you provide domain names or other information to us, you agree to protect us from any claim by a third party that we’re using their intellectual property.
- Black & Bright agrees to use confidential information such as usernames and passwords to solely perform our duties on behalf of the client (you). We can set up email accounts on your behalf using strong passwords.
- We can restore your website from the daily backups we make for you. We can create a backup manually on request. Both manual and automated backups are kept for 30 days after creation.
- You will be responsible for WordPress updates and maintenance on your site, such as making sure themes and plugins are up to date.
- Should anything go wrong with your WordPress site, we will gladly assist where we can, although we will charge our standard hourly rate.
- By logging into website and email admin systems, the client understands and is responsible for their account details and ensuring that the credentials are kept secret.
- Black & Bright will not be held liable for the loss of any messages or data that might occur as a result of accessing your emails or website files through third party applications such as Outlook or Filezilla. Please use such applications with caution, or ask us for assistance.
- We’ll provide installation details on how to use certain third-party products, but we neither endorse, nor directly support these products and are not responsible for the functionality, compatibility or reliability of these products.
- We offer basic email hosting with a 2GB per account limit. We recommend that you use Google Workspace or Office 365 if you require a dedicated email server which offers cloud storage and larger email storage space.
- We recommend that you share large files (larger than 10MB) with cloud storage solutions such as Google Drive or Dropbox instead of sending via email.
- The client is responsible for their own email. We have no control over whether you delete emails or not. If mails are removed from the mail server, we cannot guarantee that they will be recovered. We advise to have your own email backup system in place.
- We cannot guarantee that your email account will be completely spam-free. Please do not click on suspicious links and do not share any sensitive information with unknown parties. We cannot be held responsible if your computer or mobile device gets hacked or infected with malware. Delete suspicious emails immediately and please contact us if there is an unusually high amount of spam.
- Although we have strict security protocols and preventative measures in place, no website is completely hack-proof. If you believe you have been hacked or found a plugin vulnerability, please contact us immediately. We advise you to visit your website at least twice a month to make sure everything is still working normally.
- We recommend that you regularly read and follow blogs regarding cyber security to be informed in order to protect yourself and your business.